Solutions Architect 100% (m/f)
Qubida’s Solutions Architects function as Hadoop Team leads at our client locations for short term engagements and do everything from getting the product up and running to training and hiring a team to support our product.
You will be working on both pre-sales client engagements, as well as post-sales integrations. You should be very comfortable functioning in both capacities!
Solutions Architects are responsible for designing and architecting solutions with our customers for scoping a new engagement and implementation both short and long term, guiding the team during Qubida product implementations, help resolve technical issues, and advise the customer on best practices for big data, Hadoop environments and Qubida. You will also be responsible for successful installations of the product, configuration, tuning, performance and assisting the customer with capacity planning for their environment to scale. Critically, you will help with expansion of Qubida at customers by identifying new use cases and helping the customer evangelize Qubida inside the company. You will also mentor and onboard new team members and will have overarching responsibility for customer success in the Qubida customer accounts.
The Type of Solution Architects We’re Looking For
You are a seasoned Solutions Architect and are at your best when working side-by-side with customers building technology solutions to their analytic challenges.
As a Solutions Architect, you are Qubida’s Business Intelligence expert in the field; you’ve been there and done that, many times. Customers rave about how you’ve helped them cut through the noise and confusion to implement Big Data BI solutions that work. You make it look easy, because you know the path to success and can steer customers efficiently toward a successful go-live.
You’re proud of your past experience at helping customers strategize, plan and be successful in their data analytics journey. You are comfortable standing in front of a blank whiteboard and designing a solution on the fly, or strategizing with your customers on how to meet their short and long term big data analytics goals. You have about 10-15 years experience in the software world, primarily working in enterprise software.
Your key responsibilities will be
- Developing expertise in one or more of our proprietary enterprise software products.
- Leveraging your broad technology capability set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to architect, develop, and iteratively deploy real enterprise class software
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their use of our products.
- Architecting and leading weekly technical delivery of one or more products in a way that maintains an unyielding focus on quality while matching the needs of the target customer base.
- Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements
- Leading a small team of Software Engineers to apply software engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality; Personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
- Ensuring our customers are supremely confident in the advantages and quality of our product and solution, and the technical services you lead to deliver them.
Skills & Background
- Your BI & technical prowess earns you exceptional credibility in front of customers.
- Experience with, or capacity to learn quickly, any of the various Hadoop technologies:
- Hadoop – working knowledge of setting up and running clusters as well as knowledge of how to create and debug jobs in any Hadoop distribution (e.g., Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks)
- MapReduce, Hive, Pig
- HDFS, HBase
- Your specific technical experience includes:
- Familiarity with data warehousing concepts
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Knowledge of complex data pipelines and ETL
- Knowledge of common ETL packages / libraries
- Deep Business Intelligence (BI) knowledge/experience
- Experience working with technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Understanding of configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef) and concepts behind mass configuration
- Understanding of most of the following:
- One or more of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Concurrency and synchronization
- Fallacies of distributed computing
- Common IPC/RPC methods and patterns
- High availability and business continuity
- Queuing patterns and pipeline design
- Batch operations
- Messaging systems and patterns
- Solid OS / networking fundamentals
- Virtual memory management
- File system design
- Optimization and troubleshooting
- System administration knowledge
- L2 vs. L3 networking, network architecture, VLANs, hardware device design basics.
Your non-technical, yet critical skills include:
- A deep understanding of the importance of helping the customer leverage the technology and a desire to empower the user to accomplish their desired goals, and more.
- Communication skills that are polished, empathetic and solution-oriented; you probably have some experience in Engineering or Software Support roles.
- Consulting background and/or comfort in working with customers
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
- Ability to work in a project-oriented fashion: develop & execute a basic project plan derived from the customer’s objectives, manage project timelines, deliver status reports, and coordinate with both internal & customer resources.
- You can effectively communicate with a fast-moving Engineering team and are comfortable filing defect reports and developing reproduction cases and have a focus on effectively resolving such cases.
Qubida Analytics is a dynamic company at the forefront of the Big Data disruptive wave. We are passionate about what Analytics can do for the enterprise both big and small. A part of the Datalynx Group of Companies, we have a global reach but a local sense of what enterprise clients need in terms of innovative analytics’ solutions. If you are interested you should send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.